Tuesday 20 September 2011

A magical place where all the sacred hidden knowledge you could ever want is held...

I am sure that the title of this post sounded a little like something out of the Da Vinci code, Nah its not nearly so convoluted and you don't even have to work out any complex hieroglyphics left from the ancients to gain access, or find any hidden access points beneath masonic landmarks...

I assume that if you are here then you do already have an interest in health, wealth and happiness, and if that's so, then there is a place where you can find all the answers that you could ever want on any specific aspect of any of those topics

I'm sure that some of you already know the great wisdom that I am about to impart...

It's called a library and I have a specific way of using mine, Yeah like most people, I pick up a couple of fiction titles, I love horror novels and have recently gotten into some crime fiction lately usually featuring serial killers, (this is not research for a future career path you understand...No honestly).

I do enjoy these novels, they provide a bit of entertainment, escapism and develop a better vocabulary and a more creative brain than watching some trashy movie whilst gorging on chocolate and popcorn while only a half step above comatose, but that is not the point that this post is getting round to...

You see dear reader, recently I have taken to choosing a non fiction book on a topic that I am even vaguely interested, It may be a "how to" guide, a diary following alongside real life achievements for example "how I made 50 billion pounds selling hamster nappies" or they may be on technology and explain in great detail about using the interfaces on sites like blogger.com, (I did actually read that book recently). I even borrowed a book on how to use youtube, with regard to uploading and suchlike.

These books have given me an insight into what it takes to become skilled in certain areas of interest to me, but interestingly they have started to get me thinking more creatively too and I must say that my brain feels a bit sharper of late, (those that know me would probably argue that wouldn't have taken a lot, but I think they are just being a little harsh!)

I in no way intend to sound patronising, and I am sure that you already had a fair inkling of the general purpose of the library, but you may not have wandered any further afield than the fiction section or your favourite authors. There are so many amazing manuals on a diverse range of topics that Maybe it's time to pick up some different reading material on your next visit to the library.

The last thing I wanted to mention is my favourite type of reading material, and it should come as no surprise if you've caught my posts thus far...

Self help/self improvement books, I LOVE THEM!

A lot of people find them a little condescending, and cringe at the books that feature practical exercises, but I find a lot of value in them and although a lot of the tips and tricks to be used for your personal betterment are often amazingly simple yet amazingly effective, but it's a fact that to achieve success in any of the areas of your life that we have discussed doesn't take gargantuan superhero type effort, but just small changes of direction and a focused eye keenly trained in on that evil word so full of accusation and recrimination...you know the one, it makes grown men shudder at the slightest mention...DISCIPLINE.

When you have found some reading material that inspires you and gets you focused on those goals that are most important to you, then and only them do you head to the bookstore to part with your hard earned cash for the very best titles by those authors that leave you feeling empowered and positive, think of the library as an information "try before you buy" store

As a matter of coincidental happenstance, I am off to the library tomorrow, I hope to see you there you miserable sinner, picking up some titles that get you heading in a new direction.

I will shortly (over the next few days) post a list of recommended reading for those of you whom are interested in being proactive in improving your lives to ensure that you are fighting fit for some harsh times ahead. I don't care what bloomberg and their overpaid financial analysts say, things are gonna get worse before they get better, I have studied this in great detail and all previous data from previous times of turmoil throughout our history say that it's not over yet.

Take care of yourselves you wonderful people and I expect to see you back here soon ready for the fight.
                                                                                                                                                      Steven ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment