Wednesday 14 September 2011

Life is not like a box of chocolates, It's not even like a £22 sump hose! My FIRST EVER post, Run...run for the hills!

Can you imagine being stressed over the cost of a £22 sump hose?

Yes I realise that for the opening sentence of a brand new blog I am on incredibly shaky ground with that one, It's hardly Oscar Wilde at the pinnacle of his creative flow now is it?

Let me explain, before you leave this page, unplug the computer and hack out your fibre-optic cables with a bread knife for fear of having your eyes and sensibilities assaulted with any more nonsense!

2 days ago my partner and I ventured into our kitchen, (Yes, I DO realise that I made that sound a little more like an expedition to the Himalayas than I needed to), to be greeted by several gallons of water cascading across the floor, now I don't claim to be blessed with any special measure of intuitive genius but I quite ciorrectly pegged this whole sorry scenario down to a leak from the washing machine which was in full flow at the time, If you'll pardon the pun...

After a little further investigation, I realised that the sump hose at the base of the machine was leaking, We phoned around a couple of stores that sold washing machine parts to find that the cheapest Sump hose was...Yes you guessed it...£22, (I'm glad you're keeping up with me).

Now in the past, I would never ever EVER, attempt any repairs or ANY activity that could be placed under the umbrella of that dreaded phrase D.I.Y, not because I am bone-idle you understand, just entirely inept at errm...lets call it "man stuff", but as the price of the hose was already placing an unbearable strain on the household budget (believe it or not), I had no alternative much to the chagrin of my family who envisaged some type of titanic style catastrophe ensuing the second I opened the toolkit.

Why am I bothering to bore you with this tale of domestic woe, well basically that's the whole point of me throwing my metaphorical hat into the "blogosphere", you see in 2011, when a reasonably intelligent, nice family trying to do the best they can are financially rocked by such a relatively insignificant amount as £22...

SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!

At this point I was already musing over the possibility of starting this blog (It has been rattling around in my brain for quite some time), aimed at firstly venting my spleen to reduce the mounting stress that I feel, secondly: assessing my skills and attributes with regard to taking charge of my Health, Wealth and Happiness and finding a way to become self employed and empowered in my life. Thirdly, by committing my plan to pixels, I will be more likely to follow through on my self promise to find a better life for me and my family because I have set out my stall here and now, thus proclaiming to the world, "I will change and you can too". If after doing this I reneged upon my promise to you dear reader, I would feel particularly Lily livered, and much akin to a spineless worm.

But I probably wouldn't have gotten round to it as something important always crops up, comes along or gets dropped into your lap. Until that is, a few short hours later our battered up Citroen Picasso decided that it didn't think much of the gearbox that it was currently endowed with and would far rather have a swanky new £540 one!

Now as you may have guessed from my comments re: the sump hose, that is not an amount we have hidden under the mattress or indeed in all of our combined bank accounts. Investments you ask? Well the most extravagant investment I've made recently is a begrudging £22 for a bloody sump h...Oh you get the point!

If you are in a situation akin to ours, you have my commiserations and I do empathise, but try not to dwell, (oftentimes easier said than done, I realise), but come up with a fighting plan of your own, I hope that I make it and I hope that you do too, but the real payoff for me would be if you stumbled upon some nugget of information or strategy investigated, suggested or tried by me on my blog that enabled you to lighten your burden... and maybe even your mood, if things are getting a little...errm...Well you know what I mean.

I hope you will let me know what you think of my adventure, any feedback will be enthusiastically received, any comments, money making strategies or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  If there is anything you would like me to cover or investigate on this blog, please, please do not hesitate to get in touch. By the way if you have tracked me down to this blog because you are a rich "long lost" Uncle, who wishes to lighten my families financial burden a little, then please do not hesitate to get in touch...NO REALLY...PLEASE DO"

Thank you ever so much for Reading my first "cheery"...ahem...entry. If you've stuck with me all the way to the end, You may need serious psychiatric assessment but THANKS.

                                                                                                          Steven ; )

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Humble and Open with a peek at your ability for humour and wisdom. I look forward to reading as you warm more to the format and really start to lay your cards on the table. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you along for the ride as a follower/subscriber Darren.

    Your comments are greatly appreciated my friend.

    I hope that over time, as well as providing some killer tips, tricks and practical exercises to help in attaining health, wealth and happiness I will find some awesome giveaways to include on the site.

    Take care of yourself and remember you are always more than welcome here.
    Steven ; )

    ReplyDelete