Thursday 22 September 2011

The person who fails to make mistakes, is only trying with half his heart. (I must be really going for it then)

I have just checked through my first seven posts, and was appalled at how many mis-hits I had made on the keyboard. Although my spelling is impeccable, (usually, unlike my grammar and punctuation), I am sure that I may have appeared to be a mis-spelling moron. All of this came about through a series of tiny errors and the fact that I don't bother to use a spell checker because clearly I believed myself to be infallible and above such condescending tools...appalled at the intimation that a piece of software would dare to correct my beautiful prose and insightful writings.

Well I was quite clearly wrong...wasn't I?


There is no shame whatsoever in being wrong, as long as you are willing to take it on the chin and learn from it. Learning from it has an added caveat, you must take the "learned from" events into consideration in future and not repeat them ad nauseum, otherwise you have actually learned "diddly squat", whoa! did i just use the expression "diddly squat", you see right there is a perfect example...I have learned from and will never EVER use that ridiculous expression again!

So what is my point this time?, I swear these posts are getting more and more cryptic as time goes on. My point is that sometimes by accepting a little help to check over the processes in our life, we may streamline and refine our techniques and practices thus hopefully minimising the time it takes to correct unchecked mistakes and errors somewhere down the line...

If you get the chance apply the metaphorical spellchecker to your life, you may be surprised at how many small things have flown under the radar and now need to be corrected. The time it takes to put things right is time that you could be assigning to improving or streamlining other areas of your life, business or health and fitness. Where possible do not take your eyes "off the ball" because invariably it will fall but if it does pick it up and try again, (unless the ball was made from Waterford crystal and worth several thousand pounds, in which case head for the nearest exits...AND RUN).  The only people who truly lose are the ones that take themselves out of the game for fear of failing in the future, they live a timid nervy existence at a fraction of their potential forever wondering "what could have been" 

Sometimes, despite all good intentions and pre-supposition and planning the only way to learn is through mistakes or "trial and error", if this is the unenviable position in which you find some aspect of your life, DO NOT beat yourself up, file it away in that small corner of the brain marked "for future reference". Sometimes these experiences are the most amazing learning curves, that teach us far more from one imperfect experience than dozens of times fluking it, winging it and scraping by.

I know what you're thinking! One day even I may hone MY craft and get one of these posts right, to which I can only reply...

Don't hold your breath!

Take care till next time my friends and remember to approach all that you turn your hand to, with enthusiasm, conviction and the knowledge that (unless you're a brain surgeon), mistakes are all part and parcel of the bigger game we call life.
                                     Steven  ; )
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment