Sunday 2 October 2011

Google Adsense, have you heard of it yet?...Should you be using it? (Also see the 2 videos below this post)

Hi there, welcome back to the madhouse, come in take a seat, grab a coffee.

Today is an information based posting related to one of the simplest ways of making some money online. Notice I didn't say lots of money! Some people DO make lots and lots of money from the subject that I will be covering (GOOGLE ADSENSE), but they have (usually) been using it for quite a while and refined their system and carefully honed the way in which they use it. These people also have many, many visitors, followers or subscribers to their page, site or blog every day.

Google AdSense.

I am sure that you have heard of it but you may not actually know what it is. I first heard about Google AdSense a couple of years back. The story, (from a friend of a friend's cousin's boss's cat's dermatologist or some similarly convoluted secondary related nonsensical relaying...Whoa that was a mouthful ) was that the newspapers were saying some guy had lost the shirt off his back and wound up owing Google tens of thousands of pounds and they repossessed his car, his dog, his wife and scooby doo sticker collection and the whole kit and caboodle...wonder what a caboodle is, maybe its a half cat half poodle hybrid...just a thought...

I didn't much like the sound of this ultra risky venture so I moved on and didn't look back. I fairly recently realised that the horror stories relating to bankruptcy and ruined careers were mistakenly attributed to Google AdSense when they were actually related to Google pay per click advertising, which is indeed highly risky if you don't know what you are doing.

Google AdSense is a far more passive way of earning a teeny weeny infinitesimal share of Google's advertising revenue every time a visitor to your site is exposed to such ads, they do this (obviously), in exchange for sharing said ads on your site for exactly the reason I just outlined to get your subscribers or visitors exposed to their ads. You can see an example of google ads in the top left hand corner of my blog page. I am sure that you are entirely familiar with them being plastered all over every page of the Internet, sometimes quite subtly, sometimes everywhere that you look on the page...AKA overkill.

The premise is simple enough to understand, you join the google AdSense programme, totally free of charge, with no further obligation on the part of either party, except to say that your site must be "appropriate" and adhere to their rather obvious guidelines. The advertisements are placed on your site or blog, with the intention of them being relevant to the content found there and relevant to the viewers who "end up there" for one reason or another.

Then for every so many hundred or thousand visitors who visit your page you receive a tiny cut of that advertising revenue payed to Google. this may literally be a fraction of penny but if your site is interesting and entertaining enough to your visitors or subscribers or followers then enough of them will "drop by" and be exposed to them. It isn't essential that your visitors click on them or buy anything from them, just the fact that the ads were placed in front of a multitude of extra people is enough for google to assign value to the service that you the web manager or blogger add to their potential ad viewing numbers.

There is a second element to the revenue that you are paid by Google AdSense.

When people DO click on the links in the ads to find out more about the product or service that is of interesting to them, you receive a larger cut of the advertising revenue from that particular advertiser, we are still talking about pennies usually, occasionally it is a little more than that depending on many varying factors.

I have never had a blog or website before and have never used AdSense previously to a week or so ago, this REALLY IS the beginning of my journey as the title and premise of my blog states. I was not particularly interested in using Google AdSense, but I thought, "what the heck" it's free and I can let you dear reader know what I think of it soon enough. If you do already have a site, I am reliably informed that it would be foolish to not use AdSense on your page.

If you are experimenting with Google AdSense already or have a blog or website and are wondering how to go about including Google AdSense on it, feel free to ask me ANYTHING about it, I will always take the time to help. If enough of you would like further, more detailed information, I will happily include a more advanced post on the topic.

One word of cation with regard to AdSense on your site. I believe that including a few ads on your page is not going to inconvenience or "turn off" your readers and/or visitors, but I often see sites plastered with them as well as having banners on every square inch of the page. I do not like this because when I visit these sites I feel like a visiting "cash cow" ready to be milked by the proprietor who is only interested in providing me with great info and entertaining content as an afterthought.

There are other companies that offer similar services to Google AdSense I will cover these companies later as well as outlining their strengths and weaknesses.

I will be including some videos following this post with a little more info on Google AdSense, the first will be from a lady named Lisa whose videos I ravenously digest on YouTube. The reason I subscribe to Lisa personally is that she doesn't give you half a story for free and then say that you can download the second half for just £5 or $10. She gives great free information and content to those wishing to learn. If you find that you like her simple style (jargon free) then watch some of her other videos on online marketing, website building and so on you will find links to several FREE manuals and E-books they are all simple, packed with information and helpful tutorials that a lot of other folks are charging for. She is very passionate about helping others, because that is what any business is REALLY about, You've heard the old phrase before I'm sure, Its included in every self help or self improvement book out there.

"You can have anything you want in this life if you will just help enough other people to get what they want"

And aside from from that it just makes great business sense to do this, because if you keep your subscribers, readers happy, you will build up an amazing relationship with them based on mutual respect and trust. If you take fast cash from people, deliver junk products or services and move on, you will be forever looking for brand new first time customers whilst building up a reputation as a shyster whom is not to be trusted at any cost.

Something I believe I should mention about my gushing praise for Lisa.

I have never met, do not know and have never had any conversation or contact with Lisa WHATSOEVER, and as far as I am aware she has nothing to sell that I have ever seen, so you are not being pitched to here by me or indeed her.

I mentioned when I started this blog that I would be looking for "free stuff" for you (and me) to help us in our joint pursuit of health, wealth and happiness and trying out various ventures that may help us to move on or grow in any of these pursuits. I believe that introducing you to her work, sites, videos I am handing you something of value free of charge. Oh I should mention that just like me, she is normal! not some "Guru", who you or I could never emulate because we don't have Mummy and Daddies money stuffed under our golden goose feather mattress back at the mansion or 250 staff at our swish new york offices.

I will be featuring videos and help manuals from others but I believe she stands head and shoulders above the rest, purely and simply because she never holds anything back and offers this help free on her YouTube videos, blog and websites. Also I love the fact she has been marketing online for over a decade now and has seen the fads come and go and she's learnt by rolling up her sleeves, getting stuck in and getting involved with the dirty work. Learning from successes and failures is the way to go, don't beat yourself up too badly when it goes wrong and don't build yourself up too tall when it goes right.

By the way...I keep reiterating that she offers what others are charging handsomely for free of charge. How do you think that affects her numbers of site visitors, and how in turn do you think that affects her AdSense revenue?

Seems like a strategy where everybody wins doesn't it? There really aren't enough genuine win/win situations in life!

I hope you watch the videos that I have posted, particularly if you think that Google AdSense may be of interest to you.

Until next time, keep splicing the mainbrace and avoiding the scurvy dogs...(Dear God, I have no idea why I just said that...Oh well never mind).
                                                     Steven  ; ) 
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment